How Extensive is Extended Validation?
Extended Validation sounds worse than it is in reality. Really, all Sectigo needs to do is verify that you are a real business or organization. This is typically a seven point process: an enrollment form, five validation checks and a final confirmation call.
- Enrollment Form – Sectigo uses this to establish an organizational contact and verify they are authorized to request the certificate.
- Organization Authentication – Sectigo verifies that your business is a legally registered entity operating in good faith.
- Operational Existence – Sectigo verifies that your company is actually operational at the moment.
- Physical Address – Sectigo verifies that your business has an established physical presence in the country or state it’s registered in.
- Telephone Verification – Sectigo verifies that your business has a phone number that is publicly listed and working.
- Domain Authentication – Sectigo verifies that your business is the rightful owner of the registered domain.
- Verification Call – Finally, Sectigo calls the organizational contact to verify all the details.
This typically takes a few business days, but can be expedited in some cases. If you need your order issued ASAP, please contact us using the live chat feature and we will help you expedite issuance.