The island of Sulawesi contains a great variety of exotic people,landscapes & natural wonders. It is still beautiful, cultural, historical, friendly and peaceful as ever before. A rare Adventure-Tour destination that is becoming popular with those in search of the exotic
Sulawesi, formerly known as Celebes, is a holiday destination that is becoming popular nowadays with those in search of the exotic. Most interesting to visitors are the more populated north and south regions while the central region is a little known area rarely visited (through, of course, for some travelers this is the most attractive regions. Such as ; Bada Valley (Lore Lindu) for its Megalithic Culture and Birding site, Togean Islands with its fantastic under-sea-garden and its corel reefs, and Morowali Nature Reserve.
South Sulawesi is a region of dramatic contrasts – of rugged volcanic peaks and glisterning white beaches. So it’s hardly surprising the region is home to two vastly different peoples – the seafaring Bugis and the mysterious highland Torajans.
If you area first-time visitor make sure you take a trip to the Torajan communities of the South Sulawesi highlands. New roads have made the eight-hour journeyto Toraja Land much easier so these once remote people are now used to seeing visitors.
You’ll drive through spectacular mountain, steep terraced slopes and tall bamboo forests to arrive in a true paradise of unspoilt natural beauty. (You’ll have notrouble understanding why the Torajans believe their forefather were descended from heaven, for this is heaven on earth). Most visitors can’t wait to-see the Toraja tombs- man-made caves cut into sheer cliff faces with eerie effigies on suspended balconies staring out across the jungle. In Toraja Culture a funeral isa festive event and elaborate rites are performed to ensure that soulspass to the afterworld in an appropriate manner. Families spend much on these feasts and if you’re fortunate to be here for a burial ceremony you should be sure to contribute something such as food, soap or perhaps even money to assist the family. Be warned, though, some parts of the ceremony are not for the faint-hearted — the slaughter by single sword stroke of a scared buffalo is common.
Funeral ceremonies usually last about a week with the feasting , chanting and dancing continuing throughout the night. It is on the last day that the coffinis hauled carefully up the mountain side to the family gravesite amidst great shouting and excitement. The best known grave sites are at Lemo and Londa. Here the effigies are those of noblemen and other high-ranking community leaders.
You’ll also be struck by the unusual architecture of the traditional Toraja house,the “tongkonan”.The roof rises at both ends like the bow and stern of a ship and legendhas it that this was the shape of the vessels that carried their ancestors here.
For a different experience visitors drive up for the trip to North Sulawesi, home of the friendly Minahasan people. As a result of Portuguese, Spanish and Dutch missionaries this is one fo the most Christianised places in Indonesia. Anotherheaven on earth, complete with beautiful coral reefs, white sandy beaches and clear, clear water. In the highlands there are lakes and invigorating hotwater springs. For nature lovers there is plenty of wildlife and easy jungle walks nearby. If you’re a scuba diver,you’ll even find gear and boat available.
There are also a number of interesting towns around the delightful Lake Tondano that youwill want to visit. And while in the area, be sure to see the ancient megalithic monument known as Watung Pinabetengan. It’s a mysterious, huge, anvil-shapedstone covered in as yet undeciphered.
* IGA – 101 – Toraja Exotic Package Tour : 3 days / 2 nights
* IGA – 102 – Toraja Cultural Package Tour : 4 days / 3 nights(First choice )
* IGA – 103 – Toraja Cultural Package Tour : 4 days / 3 nights (second choice )
* IGA – 104 – Toraja & Bugis Cultural Package Tour : 5 days / 4 nights
* IGA – 105 – Toraja, Sengkang & Bira Tour : 6 days / 5 nights
* IGA – 106 – Makassar, Bugis & Toraja Roundtrip : 7 days / 6 nights
* IGA – 107 – Toraja, Bugis Cultural & White Water Rafting : 9 days / 8 nights
* IGA – 108 : White water rafting in Toraja : 3 days or 5 days
* IGA – 109 : White water rafting & Cultural Package Tours : 7days / 6nights
* IGA – 110 : Toraja Trekking & Bugis Cultural Package Tours: 9 days / 8 nights
* IGA – 111 : Toraja / Mamasa / Sengkang / Bira roundtrip : 14 days / 13 nights
* IGA – 112 : Toraja Trekking & Lore Lindu Birding Tour : 18 days / 17 nights
* IGA – 113 : Toraja, Mamasa Trekking Tour : 08 days / 07 nights
* IGA – 114 : Trans Sulawesi : 12 days / 11 nights
* IGA – 115 : Trans Sulawesi Package Tour : 21 days / 20 nights
* IGA – 116 : Trans Sulawesi Package Tour : 25 days / 24 nights
* IGA – 117 : Donggala (Tanjungkarang) Package Tour : 10 days / 9 nights
* IGA – 118 : Mks – Palu – Donggala – Manado : 15 days / 14 nights
* IGA – 120 : Kapoposang Island : 4 days – 3 nights
* IGA – 121 : Kapoposang weekend trip : 3 days / 2 nights
* IGA – 122 : Togian islands Package Tour : 15 days / 14 nights
* IGA – 123 : Togian Islands Scuba & Snorkel : 7 days / 6 nights
* IGA – 124 : Takabonerate Island : 5 – 7 days
* IGA – 125 : Bira Diving & Snorkeling Trip : 5 days / 4 nights
* IGA – 126 : Bira – Komodo – Bali Sailing & Diving Trip
* IGA – 127 : Lore Lindu Birding Tour : 7 days / 6 nights
* IGA – 128 : Togian Islands Tours : 15 days / 14 nights
* IGA – 129 : Mks – Palu – Togian Islands : 10 days / 09 nights
* IGA – 130 : Lore Lindu (Megalithic & Rainforest) Trekking :12 days / 11 nights
* IGA – 131 : Donggala/TanjungKarang : 10 days / 09 nights
* IGA – 132 : Donggala/TanjungKarang Scuba & Snorkel : 5 days / 4 nights
* IGA – 133 : Minahasa highland Package Tour : 4 days / 3 nights
* IGA – 134 : Minahasa – Tangkoko Package Tour : 5 days / 4 nights
* IGA – 135 : Bunaken – Minahasa – Tangkoko Tour : 6 days / 5 nights
* IGA – 136 : Scuba diving tour : 3 Days / 2 nights
* IGA – 137 : Diving & Snorkeling Tour : 5 days / 4 nights
* IGA – 138 : Birding Package Tour : 4 days / 3 nights
* IGA – 139 : Mountain Trek : 8 days / 7 nights
In a country as vast and fragmented as Indonesia, it comes no surprise to find regions that vary enormously in character; the people and landscape of Irian Jaya for example, are markedly different from those of Kalimantan (Borneo), and, in turn, these differ from those of North Sumatera and South Sulawesi. Even within regions these are great variations.
It follows then that the tours covering these regions will likewise vary in character. So just as we’ve divided our Tours into categories, ranging from culture and leisure, to overland, adventure and hard adventure. Which means once you’ve decided which region you’d like to see, you can decide exactly how you’ll see it.
The itineraries that you may find of interest are listed in our tour programs are merely some sample of suggested-Package Tours which can be customized to suit your own particular point of interest.
WEST & EAST NUSA TENGGARA
WEST PAPUA / IRIAN JAYA