Anchored tenuously in the deep Indian Ocean, this giant island is still as wild and unpredictable as the Victorian-era jungle-seekers dreamed. Sumatra (also spelled Sumatera) is an island in western Indonesia, westernmost of the Sunda Islands. It is the largest island entirely in Indonesia (two larger islands, Borneo and Papua, are shared between Indonesia and other countries), and the sixth largest island in the world (approximately 470,000 km²).
IndoGlobal Adventure will show the true Sumatra Tour, famous for its huge tropical rain forest including 17 endemic genera of plants and home to 201 mammal species and 580 bird species. You will be handled to visit the most beautiful places: Orangutan in Bukit Lawang – Elephant in Tangkahan & Way Kambas – Volcano in Brastagi & Kerinci National Park – Lake Toba – Padang & Bukit Ttinggi – Beach on Weh island & Padang – Surfing on Mentawai and other exotic places. We will make your memorable trip in Sumatra.
Sea Gardens at Weh Island
Pulau Weh ( Weh Island ) – at the northwestern end of Sumatra – is a beautiful island of dense jungle, high hill-top views, palm-lined beaches and mysterious rocky coves. There is also a fresh water lake and a semi-active vulcano on the island. Nearby Rubiah island is famous for its excellent coral reefs and spectacular array of tropical fish. A great place for snorkeling and diving. There are several licensed diving schools on the island.
Gunung Leuser National Park
This is one of the largest national parks in the world, containing over 800.000 ha. of virgin rainforest. The park is home to the Orang Utan, gibbons, tigers, elephants and among the last of the Sumatran rhino. There are research facilities for the study of primates, birds and insects. It is possible to raft down the Sungai Alas river from Ketambe to the Indian Ocean on a 4-5 day expedition. Your journey takes you through exciting white-water rapids to the calmer, crocodile-infested waters of the low-lands.
Bukit Lawang for Sumatra Orangutan Tour
The Orang Utan Rehabilitation Center where formerly captive apes are re-introduced into the wild. One of the most popular tourist destinations in North-Sumatra.
Lake Toba Tour
One of the largest and deepest lakes in Southeast Asia . In the middle Samosir island. Toba has developed into a full-featured highland resort while retaining the rustic charm and relaxed ambiance that define Toba’s attraction.
Padang – Bukit Tinggi
The heart of the highlands, Bukittinggi is a pleasant two-hour drive from the West-Sumatra provincial capital of Padang through the gorgeous Anai Valley up to the Agam Plateau. Located 930 meter above sea level, Bukittinggi (formerly called Fort De Kock by the Dutch) has a cool climate and is surrouned by three vulcanoes: Tandikat, Singgalang and Merapi. The central landmark is the town’s clock tower, referred to by the locals as Jam Gadang. It’s overlooks the market square, a beehive of activity. A fantastic place to do shopping in souvenir shops. Nearby Kota Gadang is renowned for its fine silver filigree and hand embroidery. On the outskirts of Bukittinggi there is a 150 meter deep canyon called Ngarai Sianok ( Sianok Canyon ).It is an incredibly winding through the bottom of the steep-walled canyon. West Sumatrans claim it is unrivalled for natural beauty in all of Indonesia .
It’s thought that the archipelago separated from Sumatra some 500,000 years ago, resulting in unique flora and fauna that sees Mentawai ranked alongside Madagascar in terms of endemic primate population. Of particular interest is siamang kerdil, a rare species of black-and-yellow monkey, named simpai Mentawai by the locals. A famous place for Adventure, Relaxing, Diving / Snorkeling.
Cubadak is of volcanic origin, has an area of 15 square km, is uninhabited except for a few isolated fishermen’s huts, and is completely covered by a native rainforest. Many kinds of birds and bigger animals live in this forest: hornbills, king fishers, monkeys, monitor lizards, dears, wild boars and many others. Excursions and walks within Cubadak’s forest provide fascinating experiences. Cubadak is completely surrounded by a coral reef and in the sea live innumerable varieties of coloured reef fishes. As the distance between the island and Sumatra is only a few miles, the sea bordering our Village is sheltered and completely free of waves which facilitates the practice of water sports.
* IGA-401: Gunung Leuser National Park / Visit Orangutan : 3 Days / 2 Nights
* IGA-402: Elephants & Orangutan Tours : 4 Days / 3 Nights
* IGA-403: Bukit Lawang Trekking Tour : 5 Days / 4 Nights
* IGA-405: Brastagi – Lake Toba Classic Tour : 4 Days / 3 Nights
* IGA-406: Medan – Brastagi – Lake Toba Tour : 5 Days / 4 Nights (First Choice)
* IGA-407: Medan – Bukit Lawang – Brastagi – Lake Toba Tour: 5 Days / 4 Nights
* IGA-408: Medan – Bukit Lawang – Brastagi – Lake Toba Tour : 6 Days / 5 Nights
* IGA-416: Medan – Adventure Bingei Rafting Tour: 3 Days / 2 Nights
* IGA-417: Orangutan– Wampu River Rafting Tour : 4 Days / 3 Nights
* IGA-418: Brastagi – Lake Toba Tour (Bingei River Rafting Included) : 6 Days / 5 Nights
* IGA-419: Medan – Bukit Lawang – Brastagi – Lake Toba Tour : 7 Days / 6 Nights
* IGA-421: North – West Sumatra Overland Tour : 7 Days / 6 Nights
* IGA-422: North – West Sumatra Overland Tour : 8 Days / 7 Nights
* IGA-423: North – West Sumatra Overland Tour (Sawahlunto Included) : 9 Days / 8 Nights
* IGA-424: North – West Sumatra Overland Tour : 11 Days / 10 Nights
* IGA-425: North – West Sumatra Overland Tour (Rafting Included) : 12 Days / 11 Nights
* IGA-426: Trans Sumatra Package Tour (Medan, Nias, Bukit Tinggi) : 12 Days / 11 Nights
* IGA-427: Trans Sumatra Package Tour (Kerinci National Park Included) : 13 Days / 12 Nights
* IGA-428: Sumatra Exotic Overland Package Tour : 14 Days / 13 Nights
First you may check out some of the above sample Itinerary and if you’re interested then we ask you to take a few minutes of your time to fill in the Reservation Form. From this form we learn about your preferences and will be able to arrange your very individual holiday.The schedule and the price of the whole trip will be sent to you by e-mail promptly. Study it very carefully and tell us if you want some changes to be made. We can help design the trips for you according to your age, capability, point of interests and any trips that meet your requirement with our flexible conditions.
WEST & EAST NUSA TENGGARA
WEST PAPUA / IRIAN JAYA